The Program Manager will help us make sure that we have the resources to reach out to as many women as possible with our interest-free loans. They will make sure that we are running tours at maximum capacity, ensure that the tours have the biggest impact possible, and communicate with our alumni base to maximize their participation in the program. They will have the opportunity to assist in building this growing organization, and will be expected to participate in other activities to build the organization as needed.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to make a big impact in a very new social change organization. There is room to grow professionally and personally in leadership, fundraising, recruitment and more, plus the opportunity to improve Spanish language skills within the rich cultural community of Oaxaca, Mexico.
Commitment to ending poverty, experience leading groups, and the flexibility to work in a start-up non-
profit are essential.
- Ensure excellent tour operations by running tours, preparing materials, debriefing and soliciting feedback from tour participants, and incorporating feedback to improve tours.
- Recruit tour participants and raise funds through in-person and online outreach.
- Build and maintain relationships to cultivate active alumn - including by sending regular updates to tour alumni, updating website, managing the donor database, and personal follow-up with supporters.
- Recruit and oversee volunteers as needed.
- College graduate,
- Leadership experience: experience managing staff and/or volunteers
- Excellent people skills: outgoing, friendly, warm, professional, ability and passion for building relationships with individuals from different backgrounds
- Good judgment, strong initiative, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to social change
- Experience living abroad
- Basic Spanish
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience and/or study in international development or marketing
- 2+ years in a full-time, professional leadership position
- Fluency in Spanish
- This position can be done full time with 35-40 hours/week, or can be divided between several people with 20+ hours/week.
- Minimum 3-month commitment required, 5+ months preferred
This is an unpaid volunteer position, and volunteers are responsible for their own travel and living costs.
We can help volunteers find housing in an affordable posada, apartment or with a host family. We can
also offer a discount on Spanish classes at the Instituto Cultural Oaxaca, the largest Spanish school in
Send your resume and cover letter to Samantha Wattson at email@example.com